At the start of the 2013-14 school year, Holland College offers the only program in the province that is fully-accredited by the Licensed Practical Nurses Association of Prince Edward Island – the regulating body that oversees LPN training courses.
Licensed Practical Nursing Programs – P.E.I.
[super_box width=”100%” border=”0px” backgroundColor=”#fff” insetShadow=”on” rounded=”on” pagecurl=”off”]
Admission Requirements for LPN program:
- High school transcripts showing satisfactory scores on Grade 12 English, Math and Biology
- A current resume showing work history
- Proof of required immunizations and a medical form with results of a physical exam
- Two reference forms from employers
- A valid driver’s license
- Pass a criminal records check
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Community Nursing Care
- Medical Administration
To see individual descriptions of courses included in the curriculum, click here
Practical Nursing Employment in Prince Edward Island
The LPNA provides prospective Licensed Practical Nurses with a regularly-updated job board on their website. If you are attempting to find employment in the practical nursing profession somewhere inside the province, we encourage you to take advantage of the following resource.