Thanks to record demand for qualified nursing professionals and the popularity of distance learning, online LPN programs are now more popular than ever. After enrolling in online LPN courses, students are able to study for an entry-level nursing license from anywhere they choose, and become qualified to sit for the NCLEX-PN licensure exam in as little as one year.
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are among the most-sought-after team members in health care facilities around the U.S., and the need for their services is projected to increase dramatically over the remainder of the decade. Simply put, the time has never been better to enter this exciting profession, and online LPN nursing programs make it faster and easier to earn a certification or degree than most students have ever imagined.
How Are Online LPN Programs Different?
Studying to become an LPN online is different from the traditional training approach in several important ways. Contrary to what some prospective students have been led to believe, the majority of these differences are actually positive. The following represents a brief list of the four main advantages offered by online LPN programs.
Most students find the greatest advantage to LPN online programs to be the ease with which they can be integrated into their daily routines. Unlike standard classroom environments, distance learning allows students the option of attending class anytime they want from the physical location of their choosing.
A byproduct of the convenient nature of online classes is that students are able to maintain a much better balance between school and other responsibilities. It is this aspect of online LPN programs that makes them so appealing to parents of young children, students who work full-time and anyone else who is juggling personal commitments with their education.
3. Learning Style
Thanks to the highly-flexible nature of distance learning, it is ideal for those independent-minded individuals who learn better at their own pace rather than as part of a group. Students who have traditionally found it difficult to keep up in the classroom also benefit from online classes as they are able to adjust the rate at which they learn material.
In comparison to conventional practical nursing programs, the online variety is usually more affordable. When one considers the money saved on parking, gas, books, food and other expenses associated with traveling to school and spending time there, the savings become significant.
Looking For More Information About Becoming an LPN?
If you’d like to find out more about the licensed practical nursing profession, please peruse the wealth of information on this site. In addition to answers to common questions like “what is an LPN?” you’ll also find the latest information on practical nursing salary, and how you can advance your nursing career through LPN to RN bridge programs. For your convenience, we have also provided several reviews of what most educators consider to be the leading LPN programs around the country.
Recommended Online LPN Programs
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing Education - Master
- Nursing Leadership - Master
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor?s Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Health Science
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Nurse Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)