The state requires that you must successfully complete one of the accredited LPN programs in Alabama that lasts at least one calendar year in duration before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are number of different LPN schools in Alabama that you could choose from. In order to be admitted for enrollment, you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent. Some institutions may have other prerequisites so you will need to contact their board of admissions for more information.
LPN Jobs in Alabama
2011 Employment: 14,290
2018 Projected Employment: 18,400
According to the Alabama Board of Nursing (ASBN), in order to hold an LPN job in Alabama you are required to:
• Be a high school graduate or equivalent
• Successfully completed an accredited LPN program of at least one year in length
• Pass the NCLEX-PN
• Have good moral character verified by oath
• Be a citizen of the United States or have appropriate documentation from the federal government
LPN Salary in Alabama
Recommended LPN Programs in Alabama
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- And more...
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- AS - Nursing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)