The Arkansas state requirements for becoming an licensed practical nurse you must successfully complete one of the accredited LPN programs in Arkansas before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a variety of LPN schools in Arkansas that will give you the proper training. Generally in order to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Arkansas you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent.You will need to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Arkansas
2011 Employment: 12,450
2018 Projected Employment: 14,110
According to the Arkansas Board of Nursing (ARSBN), in order to hold an LPN job in Arkansas you are required to:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Proof of passing the NCLEX-PN
• Have good moral character or proper documentation
• Must have a clean criminal background check
LPN Salary in Arkansas
Recommended LPN Programs in Arkansas
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Pursue your degree at Southern New Hampshire University and see yourself succeed.
- Dedicated team of advisors. Over 200 online programs. And one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- Health, Healthcare and Nursing Bachelor's Degree
- Health, Healthcare and Nursing Associate's Degree
- Health, Healthcare and Nursing Graduate Cerificate
- And more...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences