The Arkansas state requirements for becoming an licensed practical nurse you must successfully complete one of the accredited LPN programs in Arkansas before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a variety of LPN schools in Arkansas that will give you the proper training. Generally in order to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Arkansas you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent.You will need to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Arkansas
2011 Employment: 12,450
2018 Projected Employment: 14,110
According to the Arkansas Board of Nursing (ARSBN), in order to hold an LPN job in Arkansas you are required to:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Proof of passing the NCLEX-PN
• Have good moral character or proper documentation
• Must have a clean criminal background check
LPN Salary in Arkansas
Recommended LPN Programs in Arkansas
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Accredited programs. Proven success.
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today-we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant AOS
- Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist
- Medical Assistant with Limited Radiography Technology
Whether you're looking for a new career, or searching to enhance your current position, Delta Technical College(DTC) can help kick-start your educational goals.Through a diverse, innovative mix of mechanical trades, transportation, health and wellness, as well as allied health programs, DTC has earned a reputation for excellence in meeting local community needs, in regards to its workforce.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant Certificate