The Arkansas state requirements for becoming an licensed practical nurse you must successfully complete one of the accredited LPN programs in Arkansas before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a variety of LPN schools in Arkansas that will give you the proper training. Generally in order to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Arkansas you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent.You will need to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Arkansas
2011 Employment: 12,450
2018 Projected Employment: 14,110
According to the Arkansas Board of Nursing (ARSBN), in order to hold an LPN job in Arkansas you are required to:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Proof of passing the NCLEX-PN
• Have good moral character or proper documentation
• Must have a clean criminal background check
LPN Salary in Arkansas
Recommended LPN Programs in Arkansas
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- BS - Nursing
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting Professional
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences