The Arkansas state requirements for becoming an licensed practical nurse you must successfully complete one of the accredited LPN programs in Arkansas before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a variety of LPN schools in Arkansas that will give you the proper training. Generally in order to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Arkansas you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent.You will need to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Arkansas
2011 Employment: 12,450
2018 Projected Employment: 14,110
According to the Arkansas Board of Nursing (ARSBN), in order to hold an LPN job in Arkansas you are required to:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Proof of passing the NCLEX-PN
• Have good moral character or proper documentation
• Must have a clean criminal background check
LPN Salary in Arkansas
Recommended LPN Programs in Arkansas
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
Whether you're looking for a new career, or searching to enhance your current position, Delta Technical College(DTC) can help kick-start your educational goals.Through a diverse, innovative mix of mechanical trades, transportation, health and wellness, as well as allied health programs, DTC has earned a reputation for excellence in meeting local community needs, in regards to its workforce.
- Medical Assisting
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
We believe hands-on experience is the best way to learn. And at Concorde, you’ll find that a “learn by doing” approach to healthcare training will get you the skills you need to succeed—and get you into the workforce quickly.
Even in today’s economy, the demand for skilled healthcare professionals shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Career Guide to Industries (2010-2011 Edition), the healthcare industry will generate $3.2 million in new wage and salary jobs between 2006 and 2016—more than any other industry.
- Medical Assisting - (AAS)
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing - (AAS)
- And more...
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant AOS
- Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist
- Medical Assistant with Limited Radiography Technology
- And more...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences