The Arkansas state requirements for becoming an licensed practical nurse you must successfully complete one of the accredited LPN programs in Arkansas before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a variety of LPN schools in Arkansas that will give you the proper training. Generally in order to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Arkansas you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent.You will need to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Arkansas
2011 Employment: 12,450
2018 Projected Employment: 14,110
According to the Arkansas Board of Nursing (ARSBN), in order to hold an LPN job in Arkansas you are required to:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Proof of passing the NCLEX-PN
• Have good moral character or proper documentation
• Must have a clean criminal background check
LPN Salary in Arkansas
Recommended LPN Programs in Arkansas
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- BS - Nursing
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Clinical Nurse Specialist
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Explore a new career with Concorde Career College. We offer short-term programs in the fields of allied health, massage therapy, and nursing, including medical assisting, medical office administration, respiratory therapy, surgical technology, pharmacy technician, physical therapy assisting, occupational therapy assisting, practical nursing, vocational nursing, nursing bridge, dental assisting, and dental hygiene. Our focus is on hands-on skill-building, so you get real-life training and experience. We have 16 campuses located in and around major metro areas throughout California, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Medical Assisting - (AAS)
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Medical Assistant AAS
- Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist
- Medical Assisting Professional