In Washington DC, the requirements for becoming a licensed practical nurse state that you must complete training such as one of the LPN programs in DC before you are allowed to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). Currently there are six LPN schools in DC. Generally in order to enroll in one of the LPN programs in DC you must have at least a high school diploma or an equivalent.You will need to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in DC
2011 Employment: 1,680
2018 Projected Employment: 1,770
According to the Health Professional Licensing Administration of the District of Columbia (HRLA ), in order to hold an LPN job in Washington DC you are required to:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a passing grade on the NCLEX-PN
• Must complete an accredited LPN program
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must not be convicted of a felony
LPN Salary in DC
Recommended LPN Programs in DC
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant