To become a licensed practical nurse in Kentucky you will need to be a graduate from one of the accredited LPN programs in Kentucky in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Kentucky. Some people say that the LPN schools in Kentucky are some of the best around the country. You should check with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any specific requirements necessary for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Kentucky
2011 Employment: 10,880
2018 Projected Employment: 13,080
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Kentucky you:
• Must have completed an approved school of practical nursing
• Must successfully pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must be able to prove you have a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Must be complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam and have a fingerprint card
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test screening
LPN Salary in Kentucky
Recommended LPN Programs in Kentucky
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) -Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
Other schools may prepare you for a career. Marian University prepares you for life.
- Accelerated BSN (20 Unit)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Located on a beautiful campus in Washington, D.C., The Catholic University of America (CUA) is the national university of the Catholic Church and the only higher education institution founded by the Catholic Church and the only higher education institution founded by the U.S. Catholic bishops. Founded in 1887 as a center for graduate study, CUA has evolved into a modern American university, committed not only to graduate but also to undergraduate and professional education. The University is dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, seeking to discover, preserve and impart truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation, and the world.
Catholic University has more than 40 research centers, institutes, and interdisciplinary collaborative arrangements currently in place and is home to approximately 7,000 students from 50 states and 85 countries. The University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and 97 percent of the full-time faculty has doctoral or terminal degrees in their fields. At CUA, you will find a supportive and friendly learning environment where students experience personal attention from dedicated faculty members and caring advisers who are committed to nurturing your potential for professional and personal success.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Parish Nursing Certificate
- Master of Science in Primary Care Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post-Licensure