To become a licensed practical nurse in Kentucky you will need to be a graduate from one of the accredited LPN programs in Kentucky in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Kentucky. Some people say that the LPN schools in Kentucky are some of the best around the country. You should check with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any specific requirements necessary for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Kentucky
2011 Employment: 10,880
2018 Projected Employment: 13,080
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Kentucky you:
• Must have completed an approved school of practical nursing
• Must successfully pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must be able to prove you have a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Must be complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam and have a fingerprint card
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test screening
LPN Salary in Kentucky
Recommended LPN Programs in Kentucky
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- And more...
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media
- Students who qualify may earn credits from relevant work, military service training, or life experience through Credit by Examination Program (CLEP)
- Offers 5 term start dates throughout the year
- Class sizes are small, with an average 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council or Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Medical Assisting - Associate
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Medical Assisting
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing Education - Master
- Nursing Leadership - Master
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)