To become a licensed practical nurse in Kentucky you will need to be a graduate from one of the accredited LPN programs in Kentucky in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Kentucky. Some people say that the LPN schools in Kentucky are some of the best around the country. You should check with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any specific requirements necessary for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Kentucky
2011 Employment: 10,880
2018 Projected Employment: 13,080
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Kentucky you:
• Must have completed an approved school of practical nursing
• Must successfully pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must be able to prove you have a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Must be complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam and have a fingerprint card
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test screening
LPN Salary in Kentucky
Recommended LPN Programs in Kentucky
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- AS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Occupational Diploma: Practical Nursing (LPN*)
- Occupational Diploma: Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- And more...