To become a licensed practical nurse in Kentucky you will need to be a graduate from one of the accredited LPN programs in Kentucky in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Kentucky. Some people say that the LPN schools in Kentucky are some of the best around the country. You should check with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any specific requirements necessary for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Kentucky
2011 Employment: 10,880
2018 Projected Employment: 13,080
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Kentucky you:
• Must have completed an approved school of practical nursing
• Must successfully pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must be able to prove you have a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Must be complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam and have a fingerprint card
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test screening
LPN Salary in Kentucky
Recommended LPN Programs in Kentucky
- Parish Nursing Certificate
- Master of Science in Primary Care Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post-Licensure
Established in 1966, ECPI has been specializing in Technology, Business, and Health Sciences Education for 45 years. With campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Online, ECPI offers the flexibility to get the education and skills you want on your schedule.
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession. Capella is an accredited, online university with degrees in the fields of business, health care, higher education, human resources, information technology, mental health, K-12 education, public safety, public administration, social work, and public service leadership. More than 36,000 students in all 50 states and 61 countries are enrolled in Capella’s competency-based, professionally aligned degree programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Medical Assisting
Other schools may prepare you for a career. Marian University prepares you for life.
- Accelerated BSN (20 Unit)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Assistant