To become a licensed practical nurse in Kentucky you will need to be a graduate from one of the accredited LPN programs in Kentucky in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Kentucky. Some people say that the LPN schools in Kentucky are some of the best around the country. You should check with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any specific requirements necessary for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Kentucky
2011 Employment: 10,880
2018 Projected Employment: 13,080
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Kentucky you:
• Must have completed an approved school of practical nursing
• Must successfully pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must be able to prove you have a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Must be complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam and have a fingerprint card
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test screening
LPN Salary in Kentucky
Recommended LPN Programs in Kentucky
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Other schools may prepare you for a career. Marian University prepares you for life.
- Accelerated BSN (20 Unit)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Assistant
- Parish Nursing Certificate
- Master of Science in Primary Care Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post-Licensure
Start your career with an education from Medtech. We offer programs in medical assisting, medical billing and coding, medical lab technology, and nursing, plus several short-term career courses.
- Medical Assistant