If you would like to work as a licensed practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you will need to successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Massachusetts in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). Most LPN programs in MA require that you must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll. Some people say that the LPN schools in Massachusetts are some of the best around the country. LPN programs in Boston are popular with a lot of aspiring practical nurses. You should try to get in touch with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any special requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Massachusetts
2011 Employment: 17,050
2018 Projected Employment: 18,760
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Massachusetts you:
• Must have completed an accredited nursing education program for practical nurses
• Must have a passing mark on the NCLEX-PN
• Must prove satisfactory to the Board of good moral character
• Must be able to communicate in English
• Must have a high school degree or equivalent
LPN Salary in Massachusetts
Recommended LPN Programs in Massachusetts
- Practical Nursing (LPN)-CERT
- Practical Nurse (PN)-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Health Systems Administration
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Associate - Medical Assisting