If you would like to work as a licensed practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you will need to successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Massachusetts in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). Most LPN programs in MA require that you must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll. Some people say that the LPN schools in Massachusetts are some of the best around the country. LPN programs in Boston are popular with a lot of aspiring practical nurses. You should try to get in touch with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any special requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Massachusetts
2011 Employment: 17,050
2018 Projected Employment: 18,760
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Massachusetts you:
• Must have completed an accredited nursing education program for practical nurses
• Must have a passing mark on the NCLEX-PN
• Must prove satisfactory to the Board of good moral character
• Must be able to communicate in English
• Must have a high school degree or equivalent
LPN Salary in Massachusetts
Recommended LPN Programs in Massachusetts
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Technical Institute. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- M.S. in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology
Pursue your education with Northeastern University. We offer a direct entry nursing program at our campus in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Direct Entry Nursing Program
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- BS - Nursing
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting