If you would like to work as a licensed practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you will need to successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Massachusetts in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). Most LPN programs in MA require that you must have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll. Some people say that the LPN schools in Massachusetts are some of the best around the country. LPN programs in Boston are popular with a lot of aspiring practical nurses. You should try to get in touch with the school’s admissions office to see if there are any special requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Massachusetts
2011 Employment: 17,050
2018 Projected Employment: 18,760
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Massachusetts you:
• Must have completed an accredited nursing education program for practical nurses
• Must have a passing mark on the NCLEX-PN
• Must prove satisfactory to the Board of good moral character
• Must be able to communicate in English
• Must have a high school degree or equivalent
LPN Salary in Massachusetts
Recommended LPN Programs in Massachusetts
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Nurse Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Grow, lead, succeed - with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University's commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Nursing, MS (Online)
- Doctor of Health Science (Online)
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Practical Nursing (LPN)-CERT
- Practical Nurse (PN)-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
- And more...