Completing one of the LPN programs in Michigan in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find that all of the LPN programs in Michigan require that you have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll. The LPN schools in Michigan have a great reputation. Those who want to study in a large city can consider attending one of the LPN programs in Detroit, Michigan. Contact the school’s admissions office before enrolling in a LPN program in Michigan to determine if there are any other requirements by the institution such as an entrance exam.
LPN Jobs in Michigan
2011 Employment: 19,310
2018 Projected Employment: 22,730
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (Board of Nursing) requires the following from anyone who wants to work as an LPN:
• Must successful attend an accredited LPN program
• Must must complete and pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must fill out a declaration of primary state of residence
• Must submit fingerprints and undergo a criminal background check
• Must have a high school degree or equivalent
LPN Salary in Michigan
Recommended LPN Programs in Michigan
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Further your education at Rasmussen College.Choose from seven schools of study including programs in business, nursing, technology, and more. You could earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career through our AcceleratED program.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Health Sciences Associate's
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Certified Nurse Aide
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)