Completing one of the LPN programs in Michigan in order to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find that all of the LPN programs in Michigan require that you have a high school diploma or an equivalent in order for you to enroll. The LPN schools in Michigan have a great reputation. Those who want to study in a large city can consider attending one of the LPN programs in Detroit, Michigan. Contact the school’s admissions office before enrolling in a LPN program in Michigan to determine if there are any other requirements by the institution such as an entrance exam.
LPN Jobs in Michigan
2011 Employment: 19,310
2018 Projected Employment: 22,730
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (Board of Nursing) requires the following from anyone who wants to work as an LPN:
• Must successful attend an accredited LPN program
• Must must complete and pass the NCLEX-PN
• Must fill out a declaration of primary state of residence
• Must submit fingerprints and undergo a criminal background check
• Must have a high school degree or equivalent
LPN Salary in Michigan
Recommended LPN Programs in Michigan
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Medical Assisting
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Medical Assistant
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Medical Assistant