The licensed practical nursing requirements for the state of Missouri say that you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Missouri before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a number of LPN schools in Missouri to consider including LPN programs in St. Louis and Kansas City. Most LPN programs in Missouri have the standard requirement of a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment. You will also need to check with each school’s admissions office to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Missouri
2011 Employment: 18,320
2018 Projected Employment: 20,400
According to the Missouri Board of Nursing you are required the following in order to be employed as a licensed practical nurse:
• Complete an application for license as a LPN
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Must pass the NCLEX-PN
• Meets English language proficiency requirements
• Must submit to criminal background checks including fingerprinting
LPN Salary in Missouri
Recommended LPN Programs in Missouri
- A.S. in Nursing
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession. Capella is an accredited, online university with degrees in the fields of business, health care, higher education, human resources, information technology, mental health, K-12 education, public safety, public administration, social work, and public service leadership. More than 36,000 students in all 50 states and 61 countries are enrolled in Capella’s competency-based, professionally aligned degree programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Further your education at Rasmussen College.Choose from seven schools of study including programs in business, nursing, technology, and more. You could earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career through our AcceleratED program.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Assistant - South Kansas City
- Medical Assistant - North Kansas City
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant AAS
- Medical Assistant Occupational Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Assistant