The licensed practical nursing requirements for the state of Missouri say that you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Missouri before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a number of LPN schools in Missouri to consider including LPN programs in St. Louis and Kansas City. Most LPN programs in Missouri have the standard requirement of a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment. You will also need to check with each school’s admissions office to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Missouri
2011 Employment: 18,320
2018 Projected Employment: 20,400
According to the Missouri Board of Nursing you are required the following in order to be employed as a licensed practical nurse:
• Complete an application for license as a LPN
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Must pass the NCLEX-PN
• Meets English language proficiency requirements
• Must submit to criminal background checks including fingerprinting
LPN Salary in Missouri
Recommended LPN Programs in Missouri
Explore a new career with Concorde Career College. We offer short-term programs in the fields of allied health, massage therapy, and nursing, including medical assisting, medical office administration, respiratory therapy, surgical technology, pharmacy technician, physical therapy assisting, occupational therapy assisting, practical nursing, vocational nursing, nursing bridge, dental assisting, and dental hygiene. Our focus is on hands-on skill-building, so you get real-life training and experience. We have 16 campuses located in and around major metro areas throughout California, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - (AAS)
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- A.S. in Nursing
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession. Capella is an accredited, online university with degrees in the fields of business, health care, higher education, human resources, information technology, mental health, K-12 education, public safety, public administration, social work, and public service leadership. More than 36,000 students in all 50 states and 61 countries are enrolled in Capella’s competency-based, professionally aligned degree programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Clinical Nurse Specialist
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Assistant