The licensed practical nursing requirements for the state of Missouri say that you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Missouri before you can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a number of LPN schools in Missouri to consider including LPN programs in St. Louis and Kansas City. Most LPN programs in Missouri have the standard requirement of a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment. You will also need to check with each school’s admissions office to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Missouri
2011 Employment: 18,320
2018 Projected Employment: 20,400
According to the Missouri Board of Nursing you are required the following in order to be employed as a licensed practical nurse:
• Complete an application for license as a LPN
• Completion of an approved LPN program
• Must pass the NCLEX-PN
• Meets English language proficiency requirements
• Must submit to criminal background checks including fingerprinting
LPN Salary in Missouri
Recommended LPN Programs in Missouri
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
Whether you’re looking for a new career, or searching to enhance your current position, Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) can help kick-start your educational goals. Through a diverse, innovative mix of mechanical trades, transportation, health and wellness, as well as allied health programs, MTI has earned a reputation for excellence in meeting local community needs, in regards to its workforce.
- Basic Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) -Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Certificate
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Advanced Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Assistant AAS
- And more...