The statutes in North Carolina you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in North Carolina before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) or the National League of Nursing State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE). There are a number of respected LPN schools in North Carolina including Charlotte and Raleigh. It would be wise to contact each school’s office of admissions to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment but most of these schools will need proof of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
LPN Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 17,250
2018 Projected Employment: 20,090
The North Carolina Board of Nursing NCBON states that in order to be employed as an LPN in North Carolina you need:
• To be in good mental and physical health
• To provide completion of an accredited practical nursing program
• Pass the NCLEX-PN or the SBTPE
• Evidence of competence in English related to nursing
• Have a Social Security Number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration
• Complete all court conditions for any misdemeanor or felony convictions
LPN Salary in North Carolina
Recommended LPN Programs in North Carolina
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- AS - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online