The statutes in North Carolina you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in North Carolina before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) or the National League of Nursing State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE). There are a number of respected LPN schools in North Carolina including Charlotte and Raleigh. It would be wise to contact each school’s office of admissions to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment but most of these schools will need proof of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
LPN Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 17,250
2018 Projected Employment: 20,090
The North Carolina Board of Nursing NCBON states that in order to be employed as an LPN in North Carolina you need:
• To be in good mental and physical health
• To provide completion of an accredited practical nursing program
• Pass the NCLEX-PN or the SBTPE
• Evidence of competence in English related to nursing
• Have a Social Security Number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration
• Complete all court conditions for any misdemeanor or felony convictions
LPN Salary in North Carolina
Recommended LPN Programs in North Carolina
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- RN to BSN
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- AS - Medical Assisting
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
Pursue your education online with The College Network and learn how convenient and affordable earning your degree can be.
- Paramedic to RN