The statutes in North Carolina you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in North Carolina before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) or the National League of Nursing State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE). There are a number of respected LPN schools in North Carolina including Charlotte and Raleigh. It would be wise to contact each school’s office of admissions to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment but most of these schools will need proof of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
LPN Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 17,250
2018 Projected Employment: 20,090
The North Carolina Board of Nursing NCBON states that in order to be employed as an LPN in North Carolina you need:
• To be in good mental and physical health
• To provide completion of an accredited practical nursing program
• Pass the NCLEX-PN or the SBTPE
• Evidence of competence in English related to nursing
• Have a Social Security Number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration
• Complete all court conditions for any misdemeanor or felony convictions
LPN Salary in North Carolina
Recommended LPN Programs in North Carolina
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing Education - Master
- Nursing Leadership - Master
- And more...
- MS in Nursing
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months! Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just the help that you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences