The statutes in North Carolina you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in North Carolina before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) or the National League of Nursing State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE). There are a number of respected LPN schools in North Carolina including Charlotte and Raleigh. It would be wise to contact each school’s office of admissions to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment but most of these schools will need proof of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
LPN Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 17,250
2018 Projected Employment: 20,090
The North Carolina Board of Nursing NCBON states that in order to be employed as an LPN in North Carolina you need:
• To be in good mental and physical health
• To provide completion of an accredited practical nursing program
• Pass the NCLEX-PN or the SBTPE
• Evidence of competence in English related to nursing
• Have a Social Security Number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration
• Complete all court conditions for any misdemeanor or felony convictions
LPN Salary in North Carolina
Recommended LPN Programs in North Carolina
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
Please Call 844-289-5375 to speak to a customer representative.
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- RN to BSN
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- And more...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences