The statutes in North Carolina you must successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in North Carolina before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) or the National League of Nursing State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE). There are a number of respected LPN schools in North Carolina including Charlotte and Raleigh. It would be wise to contact each school’s office of admissions to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment but most of these schools will need proof of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
LPN Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 17,250
2018 Projected Employment: 20,090
The North Carolina Board of Nursing NCBON states that in order to be employed as an LPN in North Carolina you need:
• To be in good mental and physical health
• To provide completion of an accredited practical nursing program
• Pass the NCLEX-PN or the SBTPE
• Evidence of competence in English related to nursing
• Have a Social Security Number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration
• Complete all court conditions for any misdemeanor or felony convictions
LPN Salary in North Carolina
Recommended LPN Programs in North Carolina
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Nursing (RN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- And more...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Located on a beautiful campus in Washington, D.C., The Catholic University of America (CUA) is the national university of the Catholic Church and the only higher education institution founded by the Catholic Church and the only higher education institution founded by the U.S. Catholic bishops. Founded in 1887 as a center for graduate study, CUA has evolved into a modern American university, committed not only to graduate but also to undergraduate and professional education. The University is dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, seeking to discover, preserve and impart truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation, and the world.
Catholic University has more than 40 research centers, institutes, and interdisciplinary collaborative arrangements currently in place and is home to approximately 7,000 students from 50 states and 85 countries. The University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and 97 percent of the full-time faculty has doctoral or terminal degrees in their fields. At CUA, you will find a supportive and friendly learning environment where students experience personal attention from dedicated faculty members and caring advisers who are committed to nurturing your potential for professional and personal success.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice