In the State of Nevada, if you want to become a licensed practical nursing must attend and successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Nevada before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find quite a few respected LPN schools in Las Vegas. It is highly advisable to contact each school’s admissions office to get a complete list of requirements necessary for enrollment. You will find most of the LPN programs in Las Vegas do require you to have a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment purposes.
LPN Jobs in Nevada
2011 Employment: 2,150
2018 Projected Employment: 2,490
The Nevada State Board of Nursing requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Nevada you will need to prove:
• You have a high school diploma or the equivalent
• You have completed an accredited practical nursing program
• You have received passing marks on the NCLEX-PN
• You have submitted to a criminal background check including fingerprinting
• Your place of birth and citizenship
• You have a U.S. Social Security number
LPN Salary in Nevada
Recommended LPN Programs in Nevada
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
Enroll today in Nightingale College’s Associate Degree Nursing Program!
Nightingale College’s ADN Program can be completed in as little as 16 months for qualified candidates. By offering a comprehensive hybrid online and on ground delivery of instruction students enjoy a modern approach to nursing education.
- Registered Nursing