In the State of Nevada, if you want to become a licensed practical nursing must attend and successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in Nevada before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find quite a few respected LPN schools in Las Vegas. It is highly advisable to contact each school’s admissions office to get a complete list of requirements necessary for enrollment. You will find most of the LPN programs in Las Vegas do require you to have a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment purposes.
LPN Jobs in Nevada
2011 Employment: 2,150
2018 Projected Employment: 2,490
The Nevada State Board of Nursing requires that in order to be employed as an LPN in Nevada you will need to prove:
• You have a high school diploma or the equivalent
• You have completed an accredited practical nursing program
• You have received passing marks on the NCLEX-PN
• You have submitted to a criminal background check including fingerprinting
• Your place of birth and citizenship
• You have a U.S. Social Security number
LPN Salary in Nevada
Recommended LPN Programs in Nevada
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
CCNE-Accredited Online Nursing Degrees
Spring Arbor University Online offers seven CCNE-accredited online nursing programs designed to help you advance in your nursing career with integrity, grace and personal growth. Get started quickly with no waiting list and no GRE/GMAT required. The tuition is designed to be affordable, and we accept a wide range of financial aid options. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Nursing, MS (Online)
- Doctor of Health Science (Online)