If you want to become a licensed practical nursing in the state of New York must attend and successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in New York before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find quite a few respected LPN schools in NYC. It is highly advisable to contact each school’s admissions office to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment. You will find most of the LPN programs in NYC and other parts of the state do require you to have a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment purposes. You should consider looking at LPN programs in Long Island, Albany, Brooklyn, Rochester, Manhattan, Buffalo, Queens, Syracuse and the Bronx.
LPN Jobs in NY
2011 Employment: 45,510
2018 Projected Employment: 52,210
The New York State Board of Nursing requires to be employed as an LPN in New York you will need the following:
• Be of good moral character
• Be at least seventeen years old
• Have a high school degree or the equivalent
• Have successfully completed an approved practical nursing program
• Have successfully passed the NCLEX-PN
View Larger Map
LPN Salary in New York
Recommended LPN Programs in New York
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
- Grand Canyon University - Where a Quality Education and Faith Coexist
- Recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- We support students through their academic and spiritual journey.
- GCU offers the convenience of online, on-campus, or evening programs.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
There are a lot of reasons Bryant & Stratton College is the place to get an education. From the personal attention you receive from instructors that stay after class to make sure you are on the right track.
- AAS/ADN Nursing
- BS Nursing - RN to BSN
- BS Nursing Generalist
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting Online
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program