If you want to become a licensed practical nursing in the state of New York must attend and successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in New York before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find quite a few respected LPN schools in NYC. It is highly advisable to contact each school’s admissions office to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment. You will find most of the LPN programs in NYC and other parts of the state do require you to have a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment purposes. You should consider looking at LPN programs in Long Island, Albany, Brooklyn, Rochester, Manhattan, Buffalo, Queens, Syracuse and the Bronx.
LPN Jobs in NY
2011 Employment: 45,510
2018 Projected Employment: 52,210
The New York State Board of Nursing requires to be employed as an LPN in New York you will need the following:
• Be of good moral character
• Be at least seventeen years old
• Have a high school degree or the equivalent
• Have successfully completed an approved practical nursing program
• Have successfully passed the NCLEX-PN
View Larger Map
LPN Salary in New York
Recommended LPN Programs in New York
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
- Practical Nurse (PN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities & social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology
Accredited programs. Proven success.
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today-we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Weekend
- Medical Assistant - Eve