If you want to become a licensed practical nursing in the state of New York must attend and successfully complete one of the approved LPN programs in New York before one can take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find quite a few respected LPN schools in NYC. It is highly advisable to contact each school’s admissions office to get a list of requirements necessary for enrollment. You will find most of the LPN programs in NYC and other parts of the state do require you to have a high school diploma or the equivalent for enrollment purposes. You should consider looking at LPN programs in Long Island, Albany, Brooklyn, Rochester, Manhattan, Buffalo, Queens, Syracuse and the Bronx.
LPN Jobs in NY
2011 Employment: 45,510
2018 Projected Employment: 52,210
The New York State Board of Nursing requires to be employed as an LPN in New York you will need the following:
• Be of good moral character
• Be at least seventeen years old
• Have a high school degree or the equivalent
• Have successfully completed an approved practical nursing program
• Have successfully passed the NCLEX-PN
View Larger Map
LPN Salary in New York
Recommended LPN Programs in New York
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting Online
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Licensed Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Grow, lead, succeed - with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University's commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Nursing, MS (Online)
- Doctor of Health Science (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Practical Nursing (LPN)-CERT
- Practical Nurse (PN)-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Accredited programs. Proven success.
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today-we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology