If you are thinking about a new career and looking at some of the wonderful LPN programs in Rhode Island, here are a few things to consider. Just by attending an accredited or approved LPN program in Rhode Island, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find that most of the LPN programs in RI require that you have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to enroll. There may be other restrictions too, it would be best to make a list and contact any of the LPN schools in Rhode Island to find out any other requirements that may be necessary for that particular school.
LPN Jobs in Rhode Island
2011 Employment: 1,620
2018 Projected Employment: 1,770
The State of Rhode Island Department of Health has required that licensed practical nurses must have the following before they can be employed:
• Be of good moral character
• Completed at least an approved high school course of study or the equivalent
• Have completed the required approved practical nursing program in good standing
• Have passed the NCLEX-PN
• Have undergone and passed a criminal background check
LPN Salary in Rhode Island
Recommended LPN Programs in Rhode Island
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Technical Institute. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
Pursue your education with Northeastern University. We offer a direct entry nursing program at our campus in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Direct Entry Nursing Program
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- And more...
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology