If you are thinking about a new career and looking at some of the wonderful LPN programs in Rhode Island, here are a few things to consider. Just by attending an accredited or approved LPN program in Rhode Island, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find that most of the LPN programs in RI require that you have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to enroll. There may be other restrictions too, it would be best to make a list and contact any of the LPN schools in Rhode Island to find out any other requirements that may be necessary for that particular school.
LPN Jobs in Rhode Island
2011 Employment: 1,620
2018 Projected Employment: 1,770
The State of Rhode Island Department of Health has required that licensed practical nurses must have the following before they can be employed:
• Be of good moral character
• Completed at least an approved high school course of study or the equivalent
• Have completed the required approved practical nursing program in good standing
• Have passed the NCLEX-PN
• Have undergone and passed a criminal background check
LPN Salary in Rhode Island
Recommended LPN Programs in Rhode Island
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- BS - Nursing
Pursue your education with Northeastern University. We offer a direct entry nursing program at our campus in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Direct Entry Nursing Program
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Clinical Medical Assistant Technology
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Medical Assistant