If you are thinking about a new career and looking at some of the wonderful LPN programs in Rhode Island, here are a few things to consider. Just by attending an accredited or approved LPN program in Rhode Island, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). You will find that most of the LPN programs in RI require that you have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to enroll. There may be other restrictions too, it would be best to make a list and contact any of the LPN schools in Rhode Island to find out any other requirements that may be necessary for that particular school.
LPN Jobs in Rhode Island
2011 Employment: 1,620
2018 Projected Employment: 1,770
The State of Rhode Island Department of Health has required that licensed practical nurses must have the following before they can be employed:
• Be of good moral character
• Completed at least an approved high school course of study or the equivalent
• Have completed the required approved practical nursing program in good standing
• Have passed the NCLEX-PN
• Have undergone and passed a criminal background check
LPN Salary in Rhode Island
Recommended LPN Programs in Rhode Island
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing Online
- Professional Medical Assistant
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Eve
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences