If you are considering a new career and are thinking about attending one of the great LPN programs in Tennessee, we’ve listed a few things for your information. Once you have completed an approved LPN program in Tennessee, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). While most of the LPN programs in TN have the requirement of a high school diploma or its equivalent, there might be some other requirements of note. It would be advised to make a list and contact any of the LPN schools in Tennessee to find out any requirements that may be necessary for that particular school such as a high school diploma or the its equivalent. Some great places to enroll in LPN programs in Tennessee include Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Clarksville.
LPN Jobs in Tennessee
2011 Employment: 25,390
2018 Projected Employment: 30,390
The Tennessee Department of Health requires that to be a licensed practical nurse: before they can be employed:
• You must have a high school diplomar or the equivalent
• You must have successfully completed an accredited practical nursing program
• You must have passed the NCLEX-PN
• You must undergo a criminal background check
LPN Salary in Tennessee
Recommended LPN Programs in Tennessee
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Medical Assisting
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.
- Medical Assistant
- PN RN Associate Degree Bridge Program
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today—we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
- MS Nursing - Infection Prevention and Control