If you are considering a new career and are thinking about attending one of the great LPN programs in Tennessee, we’ve listed a few things for your information. Once you have completed an approved LPN program in Tennessee, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). While most of the LPN programs in TN have the requirement of a high school diploma or its equivalent, there might be some other requirements of note. It would be advised to make a list and contact any of the LPN schools in Tennessee to find out any requirements that may be necessary for that particular school such as a high school diploma or the its equivalent. Some great places to enroll in LPN programs in Tennessee include Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Clarksville.
LPN Jobs in Tennessee
2011 Employment: 25,390
2018 Projected Employment: 30,390
The Tennessee Department of Health requires that to be a licensed practical nurse: before they can be employed:
• You must have a high school diplomar or the equivalent
• You must have successfully completed an accredited practical nursing program
• You must have passed the NCLEX-PN
• You must undergo a criminal background check
LPN Salary in Tennessee
Recommended LPN Programs in Tennessee
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
Discover the power of ONE COURSE A MONTH® to fit education into your busy life. Brown Mackie College’s ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule lets you focus on your course work one subject at a time.
- Diploma in Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Diploma: Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Clinical Nurse Specialist
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)