If you are considering a new career and are thinking about attending one of the great LPN programs in Tennessee, we’ve listed a few things for your information. Once you have completed an approved LPN program in Tennessee, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). While most of the LPN programs in TN have the requirement of a high school diploma or its equivalent, there might be some other requirements of note. It would be advised to make a list and contact any of the LPN schools in Tennessee to find out any requirements that may be necessary for that particular school such as a high school diploma or the its equivalent. Some great places to enroll in LPN programs in Tennessee include Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville and Clarksville.
LPN Jobs in Tennessee
2011 Employment: 25,390
2018 Projected Employment: 30,390
The Tennessee Department of Health requires that to be a licensed practical nurse: before they can be employed:
• You must have a high school diplomar or the equivalent
• You must have successfully completed an accredited practical nursing program
• You must have passed the NCLEX-PN
• You must undergo a criminal background check
LPN Salary in Tennessee
Recommended LPN Programs in Tennessee
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Medical Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant with Limited Radiography Technology
- Medical Assisting Professional