If you are thinking entering a career in nursing and live in the state of Virginia, you may want to look at some of the wonderful LPN programs in Virginia. You will find that the LPN programs in Virginia are well respected throughout the nation. But there are a few things you should know first. If you attend and graduate from an approved LPN program in VA, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) which is necessary to work as an LPN. Most of the LPN programs in Virginia require that you have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to enroll. There may be other requirements too. It is advisable to contact any of the LPN schools in Virginia you are considering to find out if they have any other requirements that may be necessary for enrollment. Some of the most popular LPN programs in Virginia can be found in Richmond, Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Alexandria and Northern Virginia.
LPN Jobs in Virginia
2011 Employment: 20,060
2018 Projected Employment: 25,790
According to the Virginia Board of Nursing licensed practical nurses need to have the following before they can be legally employed:
• Has completed two years of high school or its equivalent
• Has received a diploma from an accredited practical nursing education program
• Has passed the NCLEX-PN
• Has not committed acts which are grounds for disciplinary action
LPN Salary in Virginia
Recommended LPN Programs in Virginia
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Nursing (RN)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) -Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP-Medical Assistant
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, research university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- And more...