If you are thinking entering a career in nursing and live in the state of Virginia, you may want to look at some of the wonderful LPN programs in Virginia. You will find that the LPN programs in Virginia are well respected throughout the nation. But there are a few things you should know first. If you attend and graduate from an approved LPN program in VA, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) which is necessary to work as an LPN. Most of the LPN programs in Virginia require that you have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to enroll. There may be other requirements too. It is advisable to contact any of the LPN schools in Virginia you are considering to find out if they have any other requirements that may be necessary for enrollment. Some of the most popular LPN programs in Virginia can be found in Richmond, Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Alexandria and Northern Virginia.
LPN Jobs in Virginia
2011 Employment: 20,060
2018 Projected Employment: 25,790
According to the Virginia Board of Nursing licensed practical nurses need to have the following before they can be legally employed:
• Has completed two years of high school or its equivalent
• Has received a diploma from an accredited practical nursing education program
• Has passed the NCLEX-PN
• Has not committed acts which are grounds for disciplinary action
LPN Salary in Virginia
Recommended LPN Programs in Virginia
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing Education - Master
- Nursing Leadership - Master
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing Online
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)