Aspiring licensed vocational nurses in Texas must successfully complete one of the approved LVN programs in California prior to taking the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). There are a number of accredited LVN schools in Texas.Most of the LVN programs in Texas require that you have a high school degree or the equivalent. You should contact each school’s admissions office to see if there are any other requirements you must fulfill for enrollment. Some of the most popular LVN programs are in Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Fort Worth and El Paso.
LVN Jobs in Texas
2011 Employment: 65,640
2018 Projected Employment: 82,730
The Texas Board of Nursing (BON) states that you are required the following in order to be employed as a licensed vocational nurse:
• Must have a good professional character
• Must have completed an approved professional or vocational nursing education program
• Must have a high school diploma or an equivalent
• Must undergo a jurisprudence examination approved by the Texas Board of Nursing
• Must provide valid fingerprint samples
View Larger Map
LVN Salary in Texas
Recommended LVN Programs in Texas
- Vocational Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities & social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- And more...
The College of Health Care Professions is an ABHES-accredited institution with a long tradition of success. We are dedicated to providing quality online training programs, which conveniently provide you the knowledge and technical proficiency necessary to become employable in entry-level allied health care positions, all while supporting your continued career goals
- Medical Assistant
Accredited programs. Proven success.
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today-we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Educational Leadership
- MS Nursing - Case Management
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- DIP - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)