Starting a career in healthcare can be a snap after you complete your training at one of the LPN programs in Charlotte, NC. Licensed practical nursing (LPN) programs consist of training in clinical environment as well as in a classroom. This provides students a chance to learn both the theory behind nursing as well as help you gain the actual skills necessary to be successful. Typically people are able to finish the LPN training courses in Charlotte in as little as 9 months.
Now is a great time to enter one of the LPN programs in Charlotte as practical nurses are very much in demand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the number of new jobs for Licensed Practical Nurses is expected to grow by 22% until 2020. This growth is faster than most other occupations, including some healthcare jobs. LPN programs in Charlotte can provide you the perfect training so that you may be able to join this very important career.
Finding LPN Schools in Charlotte
If you decide that you want to become a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will need to decide which of the LPN programs in Charlotte is right for you. A quick search will show you that you can find LPN training at a number of community colleges, vocational schools and some nursing schools. However, before you decide on a place to study, make sure that it has the proper accreditation by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
If you are currently working a full-time job or your current schedule is too busy to enroll in one of the campus-based LPN programs in Charlotte, you may consider one of the online LPN programs. Distance learning has become increasingly popular and provide a number of benefits not enjoyed by a traditional program. Plus, you will receive a very comparable education that will help you on your way to a new career.
View Larger Map
LPN Licensure in Charlotte
After you have successfully completed one of the accredited LPN programs in Charlotte, you will need to register to take the licensure examination. This exam is called the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) and it is necessary to pass in order to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse in North Carolina. The NCLEX-PN is a pass/fail exam and should be fairly easy to pass if you have taken the time to study and prepare for it.
LPN License Renewal in Charlotte
You will be contacted roughly three months prior to expiration to remind you to renew your license. Your LPN license is valid for two years and must be renewed by midnight on the last day of your birth month. There is no grace period for renewal. If you have renewed your license by 12:01 on the first day of the month after your birth month, your license will be listed as inactive.
- At least 15 contact hours of continued education (CE) and 640 hours of paid employment as an LPN over the previous two years
- Certification or re-certification by a national credentialing body recognized by the NCBON
- Successful competition of NCBON approved refresher course
- 30 or more hours of continued education (CE)
- Minimum of two semesters of post-licensure education related to nursing
- At least 15 contact hours of continued education (CE) along with the completion of a nursing project as the investigator or co-investigator that includes a statement of a problem, objectives, methods of solving, competition date and summary of results
- Authorship or co-authorship on a nursing related article, paper, book chapter or book along with 15 contact hours of continued education (CE)
- 15 contact hours of continued education (CE) along with conducting and developing a nursing continued education (CE) presentation or presentations totaling at least five contact hours which includes a syllabi or brochure, list of objectives, date and location of this presentation and an approximate number of attendees
Find LPN Programs in Charlotte Today!
- AS - Nursing
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
To get ahead, you need an education that will truly set you apart and is affordable. A private, non-profit, fully accredited institution, Bellevue University is dedicated to helping you earn a degree that prepares you to advance your career. Bellevue University has graduated over 40,000 students with an education that combines the latest knowledge and professional skills employers expect. More than 70 bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. programs in growing fields such as IT, Healthcare, Business, Safety and Security, are available online and on campus.
- Nursing (RN to BSN) - BS
Grow, lead, succeed - with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University's commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Nursing, MS (Online)
- Doctor of Health Science (Online)
- Diploma - Medical Assistant