Starting a career in healthcare can be a snap after you complete your training at one of the LPN programs in Charlotte, NC. Licensed practical nursing (LPN) programs consist of training in clinical environment as well as in a classroom. This provides students a chance to learn both the theory behind nursing as well as help you gain the actual skills necessary to be successful. Typically people are able to finish the LPN training courses in Charlotte in as little as 9 months.
Now is a great time to enter one of the LPN programs in Charlotte as practical nurses are very much in demand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the number of new jobs for Licensed Practical Nurses is expected to grow by 22% until 2020. This growth is faster than most other occupations, including some healthcare jobs. LPN programs in Charlotte can provide you the perfect training so that you may be able to join this very important career.
Finding LPN Schools in Charlotte
If you decide that you want to become a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will need to decide which of the LPN programs in Charlotte is right for you. A quick search will show you that you can find LPN training at a number of community colleges, vocational schools and some nursing schools. However, before you decide on a place to study, make sure that it has the proper accreditation by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
If you are currently working a full-time job or your current schedule is too busy to enroll in one of the campus-based LPN programs in Charlotte, you may consider one of the online LPN programs. Distance learning has become increasingly popular and provide a number of benefits not enjoyed by a traditional program. Plus, you will receive a very comparable education that will help you on your way to a new career.
View Larger Map
LPN Licensure in Charlotte
After you have successfully completed one of the accredited LPN programs in Charlotte, you will need to register to take the licensure examination. This exam is called the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) and it is necessary to pass in order to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse in North Carolina. The NCLEX-PN is a pass/fail exam and should be fairly easy to pass if you have taken the time to study and prepare for it.
LPN License Renewal in Charlotte
You will be contacted roughly three months prior to expiration to remind you to renew your license. Your LPN license is valid for two years and must be renewed by midnight on the last day of your birth month. There is no grace period for renewal. If you have renewed your license by 12:01 on the first day of the month after your birth month, your license will be listed as inactive.
- At least 15 contact hours of continued education (CE) and 640 hours of paid employment as an LPN over the previous two years
- Certification or re-certification by a national credentialing body recognized by the NCBON
- Successful competition of NCBON approved refresher course
- 30 or more hours of continued education (CE)
- Minimum of two semesters of post-licensure education related to nursing
- At least 15 contact hours of continued education (CE) along with the completion of a nursing project as the investigator or co-investigator that includes a statement of a problem, objectives, methods of solving, competition date and summary of results
- Authorship or co-authorship on a nursing related article, paper, book chapter or book along with 15 contact hours of continued education (CE)
- 15 contact hours of continued education (CE) along with conducting and developing a nursing continued education (CE) presentation or presentations totaling at least five contact hours which includes a syllabi or brochure, list of objectives, date and location of this presentation and an approximate number of attendees
Find LPN Programs in Charlotte Today!
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
- AS - Nursing
- BS - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing Informatics (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- And more...
- Online Associate Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
- Online Bachelor Degree to Master Degree Nursing program
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AAS - Medical Assistant
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)