If you would like to become licensed practical nurse in the state of Georgia, you must complete training at one of the accredited LPN programs in Georgia before you are allowed to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). LPN schools in Georgia are considered some of the finest in the nation. In order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Georgia you must hold a high school diploma or an equivalent.It is best to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Georgia
2011 Employment: 26,030
2018 Projected Employment: 31,410
The Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses states that in order to hold an LPN job in the state of Georgia you are required to:
• Must proof of graduation from an accredited program
• Must have a passing grade on the NCLEX-PN
• Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent
• Must submit to a fingerprint background check
• Must criminal background check and drug screening
LPN Salary in Georgia
Recommended LPN Programs in Georgia
Keiser University offers accredited degree programs in today's in demand careers: Healthcare, Technology, Paralegal, Business, Nursing and Legal Studies.
- Nursing, BS (Online Only)
- Nursing, MS (Online Only)
- Nursing, AS
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Parish Nursing Certificate
- Master of Science in Primary Care Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post-Licensure
- Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Legal Nurse Consulting
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Patient Care Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant - Online