If you would like to become licensed practical nurse in the state of Georgia, you must complete training at one of the accredited LPN programs in Georgia before you are allowed to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). LPN schools in Georgia are considered some of the finest in the nation. In order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Georgia you must hold a high school diploma or an equivalent.It is best to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Georgia
2011 Employment: 26,030
2018 Projected Employment: 31,410
The Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses states that in order to hold an LPN job in the state of Georgia you are required to:
• Must proof of graduation from an accredited program
• Must have a passing grade on the NCLEX-PN
• Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent
• Must submit to a fingerprint background check
• Must criminal background check and drug screening
LPN Salary in Georgia
Recommended LPN Programs in Georgia
Keiser University offers accredited degree programs in today's in demand careers: Healthcare, Technology, Paralegal, Business, Nursing and Legal Studies.
- Nursing, BS (Online Only)
- Nursing, MS (Online Only)
- Nursing, AS
- And more...
- BS - Nursing
Maryville University students may choose from 50 academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) - Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) -Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Nursing Diploma
- Master of Science in Nursing (Bridge Program)
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MSN - Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN - RN-to-MSN Nursing, General (CCNE-accredited)
- MSN -Diabetes Nursing (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Give your career a boost with University of Saint Mary. We offer online degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels to help make your educational and professional goals a reality.
- RN to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
- Parish Nursing Certificate
- Master of Science in Primary Care Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post-Licensure
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln College of Technology. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus
- Medical Assistant