If you would like to become licensed practical nurse in the state of Georgia, you must complete training at one of the accredited LPN programs in Georgia before you are allowed to take the National Council Licensure Examination – Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). LPN schools in Georgia are considered some of the finest in the nation. In order for you to enroll in one of the LPN programs in Georgia you must hold a high school diploma or an equivalent.It is best to check with each school’s board of admissions to see if there are any other requirements for enrollment.
LPN Jobs in Georgia
2011 Employment: 26,030
2018 Projected Employment: 31,410
The Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses states that in order to hold an LPN job in the state of Georgia you are required to:
• Must proof of graduation from an accredited program
• Must have a passing grade on the NCLEX-PN
• Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent
• Must submit to a fingerprint background check
• Must criminal background check and drug screening
LPN Salary in Georgia
Recommended LPN Programs in Georgia
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Nursing, BS (Online Only)
- Nursing, MS (Online Only)
- Nursing, AS
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- And more...
- Master of Science in Nursing Online
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
CCNE-Accredited Online Nursing Degrees
Spring Arbor University Online offers seven CCNE-accredited online nursing programs designed to help you advance in your nursing career with integrity, grace and personal growth. Get started quickly with no waiting list and no GRE/GMAT required. The tuition is designed to be affordable, and we accept a wide range of financial aid options. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science